Each year, Citizens Electric Corporation offers a total of $7,000 in scholarships to students living within the utility’s service territory. The winners of the 2013 awards are Trey McClure of Valle Catholic, Margaret Kehoe of Farmington High (at-large winner), Levi Bachmann of Perryville High, Alex Miget of St. Vincent, Austin Dowdy of Oak Ridge High, Kyle Nicholson of Ste. Genevieve High and Jordan Hoff of Saxony Lutheran.
Six $1,000 scholarships are awarded to a graduating senior from each of the following high schools: Oak Ridge, Saxony Lutheran, Perryville, St. Vincent, Ste. Genevieve and Valle Catholic. The schools’ guidance counselors are responsible for administrating the applications and selecting the winners.
A seventh $1,000, at-large scholarship will be awarded to a student meeting the following criteria:
- Lives within the CEC service territory and does not attend one of the schools listed above or is home-schooled.
- His/her parent or legal guardian is a current CEC member.
- Has a 2.5 or better grade point average.
- Provides a copy of their high school transcript.
- Completes an application and returns it to CEC.
- Includes letter of recommendation.
- Answers the essay question.
- Applications are accepted in February and March, with a deadline in April for the year they are given.
If you require additional information, email CEC.