Ways to Pay: Bill Paying options from Citizens Electric
Bill Paying Options for Every Lifestyle
By Steve Elsea, Manager of Member Services
You’ve probably heard that the three most important things to consider when buying a home are: location, location, location.
In a way, that has been Citizens Electrics approach toward offering our members ways to pay your bill: location, location, location. But it is more than providing the physical “brick-and-mortar” presence of our office or even our remote payment station partners, it is about where you may be and how we can make it as easy and convenient for you to pay your bill. We understand that our members have differing priorities, differing lifestyles, and certainly differing amounts of time with which to spend on various tasks. That is why Citizens offers you, our member owners, several ways to pay your electric bill. These options recognize the many differences of our member-owners’ varying lifestyles. Regardless of your payment preference, Citizens continues to offer easy features and convenient ways to pay your monthly bill.
Citizens also provides a plan to add greater certainty to your monthly budget. Between heating your home in the winter and cooling your home in the summer, your monthly electricity usage may resemble a roller coaster. Large swings in your monthly electric bill can be smoothed out using Level Pay. There is no cost to you to participate, and the benefit is knowing that your monthly bill will be quite manageable.
There is a saying “if you can measure it, you can manage it”. CEC’s PrePaid Metering option provides daily updates via text messages, emails, and voicemails. National studies suggest that PrePaid Metering participants reduce their electricity usage by 5-15% by receiving these daily updates. An added benefit to PrePaid Metering is that CEC does not require a deposit and there is no reconnect fee if your balance drops to zero.
If you are interested in learning more about any of these options, call a Member Services Representative at: 877-876-3511 Option 5
For more information on Ways to pay such as:
Mobile: Smart App
- Through our smart phone app, members can log-in, select the option to pay their bill, initiate payment, receive payment confirmation and log-off in under a minute.
- You can call 877-876-3511 at anytime day or night and pay with your credit card through the automated teller.
- Auto Draft saves you time by paying automatically via bank draft or bank card.
·On the Web
- You can also pay through the secure member portal at CECMO.com. Your bank may also offer a feature in which you can pay your bills through their portal.
- About one in five members still prefer to mail in their payments or to use the convenient CEC drop boxes in Ste. Genevieve and Perryville. Check or money order to: Citizens Electric P.O. Box 368, Perryville MO, 6377
For a personal touch, see a Member Services Representative at our Perryville office or a representative at one of our five authorized remote payment partners.
• Country Mart in Ste. Genevieve
• Bloomsdale Bank in Bloomsdale
• Bloomsdale Bank in Ste. Genevieve
• Belgrade State Bank in Farmington
• Rozier’s Food Centre in Perryville