Wabash Valley Power is pleased to offer a new grant program to support the ever-changing needs of growing businesses. The new Automation Workforce Grant Program is for companies that have unique training needs for workers operating alongside heavily automated processes.
WVPA Automation Workforce Grant Program
• Helps offset the cost of training workers transitioning to new technologies (software or hardware)
• Will support training either newly hired employees or existing employees transitioning to new technology
• Companies must be located or plan to locate within your service territory (see map for reference)
• The maximum grant amount is $15,000 for 2022
• Applicants are limited to one grant per calendar year
The application process is simple: members just need to contact WVPA’s Economic Development team (you can do so via the link below) and provide a brief project description. One of our WVPA team members will contact you to confirm eligibility and, once verified, will send the application. Once a company has applied, WVPA will issue a pre-commitment letter. After the company has hired the employees and conducted the training, there is a brief verification process prior to funds being administered.
We are excited and hope that this can be one more useful tool to support businesses in the communities we serve!